It may be grey and drizzly outside, but I am getting myself ready for Spring with a pop of colour here and there. Bit premature? Never! I am breaking down the key trends both in beauty and fashion to look out for as you update your style this season. If you’re going to treat yourself on payday let it be one of these things!
- Supermodel skin is the big one this Spring. Think more glowy and low-key make-up. Invest in some good moisturizer. Use an illuminating primer ( I like Estée Lauder’s Illuminating Perfecting Primer) and some highlighter to your make up. Highlighters are available in a stick, powder or liquid form and will definitely brighten your face and whole look! Glossier products also have a great range of products for both make-up and skincare to create a natural and pretty look.
- Glossy and shiny lipsticks are taking over the Matte trend that was so popular in 2017. As much as I love a matte long lasting lip, I’m all for this trend. It will definitely add to achieving that healthy glow. Understated glamour and dewy make-up is where it’s all at this S/S 2018.
- ‘Clean’ make-up is also making an impact and about time too! Make-up without harmful ingredients and more eco-friendly packaging is making a wave in the beauty industry, one that so many of us can get behind.
- Circle bags. Many designers such as Chloé have circle bags in their collection this season. There are so many dupe’s on the high street and if there is one thing to invest in, this is my pick!!!
- Pearl clips, clips in hair and lots of them. Glam up your usual straightened locks with lots of sliders teamed with an extreme side parting.
- Oversized earrings. So easy and relatively cheap to make an outfit a 7/10 to 10/10 on style points. Great for those smart casual nights where you can add it to your combo of jeans and a nice top.
- Bows! (in your hair specifically). Reinvent your childhood ballet days with a cute bow tied over your ponytail.
- Hats. Baker boy, beret or beanie. No outfit is complete until you add one of these babies to your look.
HFM have all the bold colours on point this season! Above are my statement earrings that I am currently loving which are available from New Look.
When it comes to Spring this season’s colour’s won’t disappoint.
- Your reds from Autumn/Winter ’17 are still going strong, great for brightening those grey days- like today!
- Forest greens are making an elegant entrance, a colour to suit both blondes and brunette.
- There was also a strong influence of lilac and lavender colours seen during Fashion Week. A lavendar maxi coat will certainly add some chicness to your outfit. I nabbed a great lilac coat from Primark a few years back which will be making an appearance this season. P.S. It’s not all about buying new things, I guarantee you that you will find some hidden gems in your wardrobe when you do your Spring Clean!
- If you’re feeling more brazen, corresponding colours are a true fashion statement. Think a fuchsia pink blazer with matching trousers, throw on a pair of heels and a slogan tee for after work drinks.
- Those of you who love your nudes as much as Kimmy K, you’re still covered! Teddy coats are all the range right now and you can’t go wrong with one tan. Not only are they stylish, but they are super-cosy too! Double points from me.
Patterns and Textures
- A pair of satin trousers will jazz up your outfit and give you Victoria Beckham vibes.
- I’ve said it once, I’ve said it twice, now I’m saying it three times… check, check, check! This pattern is not going anywhere any time soon. In the office, on the high street you name it! It’s everywhere, not only is it fashionable but practical too.
- Fringing detail is also a fashion statement this season. Let your inner country girl come out, maybe you have that suede jacket with fringe on the sleeves hidden at the back of your wardrobe? It’s time to let it have it’s hay day once again! Failing that, a cute bag with fringing works too.
- Slogan tees; there is no need to say out loud what’s on your mind. Wear it instead.
- Socks and shoes. This may have been a no no for many years, and for dad’s sock and sandals is still a no-go! However high heels with a pair of cute ruffled socks will be creeping into your instagram! I’m yet to be convinced on this one.
- Cinderella shoes! All the pretty princess heels you could ask for. This will be a Saturday night investment that will pay for itself.
- Heavy-duty ankle boots decorated with buckles and studs. Think biker chick; pair with a floral maxi dress and you are Spring ready. Check out your nearest Topshop for the pair that everyone is lusting over!
That’s it for my fashion round up for S/S 2018, all we need now in this British weather is some sun. Failing that a good filter on your photos will have to suffice!
Wishing you all a happy Saturday!