I’ve always loved trying new hairstyles. One of my favourite toys as a kid was this big dolls head (not creepy I promise!) where you could plait and bead the doll’s hair. In fact if you looked at my saved items on Pinterest you would probably think I’m training to be a budding hairdresser. Instead, I’m just a girly girl when it comes to hair. I will notice your haircut or if you’ve gone a shade or two lighter. I am inspired by hairstyles everywhere I go; down the street, in magazines, you name it. It’s probably why I love the hairdressers so much. The creativity flowing through the salon, the fresh colou and glamorous blowdrys are like my very own Disneyland satisfying all my beauty needs (okay I exaggerate, but I do love the pampering!)
Recently I’ve updated my look by keeping my roots dark with a Balayage style throughout my hair (a cheat tip for maintaining blonde hair). I had it dyed more ashy followed by a toner to get rid of a lot of the warmth in my hair, emphasizing the cool Ash blonde tone. I love cool shades for this time of year, it feels so fresh and on trend. If there is one thing I would like to start doing more of is dedicating more of my time to styling my hair differently during the week. I tend to blow dry my hair straight and on non-wash hair days, I use a bit of dry shampoo and throw my hair up in either a ponytail, or in a bun that takes all of two minutes. However I’ve been looking to shake things up a bit whilst keeping it simple so that I can incorporate it easily into my real life routine. If like me, you want to some inspiration for new and easy hairstyles, carry on reading!
A Bun With a Twist
There is something so LA about this look. Now that we are moving out of hat weather, make the most of no hat hair with this look!
A chignon is an elegant knot or twisted look bun which you may see a lot on bridal looks. This can actually be recreated really easily and quickly. Simply tie a low ponytail and feed the hair over itself, twisting it through the pony. I’ve gone for a half ponytail here for some variation. This style would also look really great with curled hair.
Mini French Plait
I love this hairstyle and it’s so versatile across so many age groups! It’s also great for those days at work where you may want your hair off your face but sacrifice on style. This also has a beach babe Summer vibe, that will look great from day to night.
Hair products I’m currently loving:
- System Silver Shampoo to keep my tones ashy.
- Kérastase Resistance Ciment Thermique for heat protection when styling my hair. I like to use this after newly having my hair coloured to prevent it from getting brittle and dry.
- Olaplex Hair Protector No.3.
Hair products I’m looking for:
- Texture and volume products. Any recommendations? I was going to try the Ouai Texturising spray but for the price and some reviews stating that it had an odd smell, I decided against it.
- On that note- Perfumed hairspray!
- A new blow dry brush (sadly mine is no more after many years use).
- Hair masque – I love Kérastase’s range of hair masques but I’m hoping to find something cheaper that lasts just as long, and for the same quality… is such magic possible?
Please let me know if you have any products that you recommend. Happy styling everyone!