Today is International Happiness Day which could not come at a more needed time! It’s been a testing few weeks and I thought I would lighten the mood with a list of things that have made me feel so much joy amongst the recent uncertainty.
I’ve written a post similar to this before and had a lot of positive feedback (thankfully!). Although I don’t keep a gratitude journal, I really enjoyed writing this post so perhaps now is a good time to start? Have a little read of the things that made me smile this month (so far…!)
- My Grandmother laughing hysterically when we found a very old feather boa in her house and got her to wear it
- Hearing my next door neighbours singing Ghost’s Unchained Melody to soothe their crying baby
- Looking back on my Californian Vlogs as I edit them
- Feeling great after exercise and sticking at it consistently as my New Years resolution
- Getting positive feedback and recognition at work for the hard work I have been putting in
- Making the effort to spend quality time with friends (pre isolation)
- Watching videos of Spanish and Italian communities singing to lift their spirits whilst in isolation
- Baking brownies that didn’t burn (hurrah!)
- Humour from colleagues that have arisen from sad working from home meals
- Getting an extra hour in bed and feeling so rested
- Saving money by not commuting in (London travel is ridiculous)
- Enjoying my current TV series This Is Us, where I feel all the feels!
- Starting my podcast (slowly!)
- Having a delicious meal out with my boyfriend (pre isolation again haha)
- Preparing to celebrate my 8 year anniversary with my boyfriend (go us!)
- Enjoying long walks on the rare British sunny days
- Game nights with friends (pre isolation)
- Reading books which were gifted to me for my birthday, even if it’s just for 20 minutes – it reminds me how much I enjoy reading!
- Seeing that the penguins at an aquarium in Chicago were allowed to freely wander around during this quarantine period!
- The breathtaking sunsets even on the cloudiest of days reminding me that tomorrow brings another day that has not yet been lived
Wishing you a positive international day of happiness! What things have made you smile this month? Take a moment to think of one thing a day that brought you joy!
If you enjoyed this post you should subscribe and read: